Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Figuring out this blog thing

Happy 2013!

I have followed blogs for about a year now and finally decided that I would give it a shot. I guess I could consider this one of my many New Year's Resolutions...

A few of my 2012 highlights:
-I discovered a new church that I absolutely LOVE attending and I am learning to grow in my relationship with God.
-Finished up my 1st year of teaching
-Coached a 5th grade basketball team
-Started and completed a 2 week Clean Food Diet --- wish I could keep it up but it was HARD!
-Went on vacation with some great friends to Memphis and Nashville, TN
-Went with my family to Denver for a great weekend of beautiful mountain air
-Started my 2nd year of teaching, which is a GREAT challenge so far
-Started my Master's Degree in Reading Speciality
-Was nominated for the Kansas Horizon Award for first year teachers
-Started a great habit of getting up at 5am to workout and start my days right
-Finished my first semester of grad school with a 4.0
-Had a wonderful Holiday season with my family
-Went to a KU basketball game for the first time in 5 years
-Rang in the snowy New Year with my family

Dang! When I write it out like that, I see that I had a rockin' year! I might have left out some details that were great memories that make me smile.

Here's to the new year and some new goals (resolutions):

Professional:
-Keep my classroom organized. I am a very organized person but when I have too much stuff, it tends to get shoved into cabinets and drawers. I need to get things into bins and labeled so I can easily put things aways and find things.

-Plan ahead. I do this with my team but I tend to forget to send out copies or I do plan ahead and then the time sneaks up on my to plan again and I break the organized spell.

Personal:
-Act my age. I am 24 and I jokingly brought this up to my friends the other night. But I was serious. So many nights I am so tired or have so much that I think I need to do that I become a couch potato. I realize that I am never going to meet new people sitting on my couch. So my goal is to act 24 and realize that things will get done and I don't need be cooped up in my apartment.

-BALANCE! I am guilty of trying to do EVERYTHING. I am there for all my sisters' basketball games. I am a teacher that takes home work every night. I am a grad student working on my Master's degree. I am have a social life. I love to spend time with my family whenever I can. I am trying to get fit to feel better and healthier. I am trying to have more JOY and fun. I am trying to better my relationship with God. I am going to work to keep on doing it ALL.

Okay 2013, let's do this!